Monday, November 06, 2006

Welcome baby Chris 3 weeks early!!!!

What!!? Momma is having baby already!? Yay! Mom was feeling a little bit of liquid leaking on Thursday for the past few days but she wasn't sure what is was so finally she picks up the phone and calls the doctor's office which was closed at 6:30 p.m. so the operator had to page the doctor on call to call me back. Doc calls back and hears the story and tells me I'm "a naughty girl, but we'll be nice since it 's your first, come on in to labor and delivery!" Oh my god! Was I going to have this baby tonight? I call Chris to get him out of class and he was like what!? It was so exciting! We didn't have a bag packed!

We venture out to the hospital with my close friend Beth directly behind us and as we drive up there Chris and I just keep telling each other this is just a false alarm. There is no way we could be having this baby right now! Oops.....guess we were wrong!

We get there and they start running some tests, the liquid tested negative as amniotic fluid but as the doc did the ultrasound she said my placenta looked a little old. Way to make a mom feel good doc!!! Lol. anyway there was plenty of fluid around his head so they decided to just keep me there and watch his heartbeat for 30 mins. About 45 go by and the nurse comes in with an iv, she says we gonna hook you up to an iv .....just in case. About another half hour goes by. Nurse comes in.....we're gonna hook you up to some anitbiotics just in case. Another probably I don't even know goes by....its about 12:30 at night and the doc and nurse come in and tell me "we're gonna have baby right now okay?" Okay? Okay? Hell yeah!!! It brings tears to my eyes just writing this right now!!

They then broke my water and came in about 1:30a.m. to insert the hormones to induce. It's then they tell me it will take about 12 to 14 hours before I start having baby. WRONG!! Mommy wanted baby out and baby wanted out!!! I was ready to go fully dilated at 6:30a.m. and had baby Chris at 7:59! Okay we have a lot to do to get him registered today and he's got his first doc visit on base so I'll have to write more later! Love ya'll!!!

1st diaper change!

1st bath! He looks just like his daddy! What kind of filipino girl delivers a blond haired blue eyed baby? Lol!! He's even got his daddy's curly hair!



Mommy and Baby Chris!! Isn't he adorable!?
I Love Him So Much!!!


CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL HELENEK JR. 6LBS. 4OZ. 19IN. NOVEMBER 3RD, 2006


Proud parents ready to start inducing!!!



I love my family!!!


Look at these studs!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jewl said...

Hi,
I met you at my Sister In Law Kari's house a couple of months ago while you were in NY. I just wanted to say Congrats to you and your husband!! Your son is a Cutie Pie!!

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Ev!! You have such a wonderful family. I can't believe you are a mom!! WOW!
I hope you are all doing well
Love Dana

4:31 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

OMG I'm crying just reading it even though I've heard the story 3 times by now. I just can't get over it! I love that little man SO much TOO!!! He's so special! I'm so proud of you Ev, you have a beautiful family and a wonderful life ahead, congratulations.

P.s. If you read this comment this morning call me! I am off to day and want to call but it's only 7:30am your time and I don't want to wake you if you're between feedings. If I don't hear from you I'll call in a couple of hours.

Miss you!!!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Emerson said...

Congrats!! He is so cute!!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Congratulations : )
Just bloghopping and came across your blog. Your baby is adorable!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Ok, the babies over a month old now, how about an update!!!

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We want new baby pictures!! I'm sure you have nothing better to do..lol!
I hope all is well.
p.s- nick and I FINALLY got engaged. It only took almost 10 years!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home